Kay is the Owner and Broker of K DeCuir Properties, LLC in Nederland, Texas. Kay became a licensed REALTOR in 2006.
Kay enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She stays very busy volunteering and going to school to further her education. Kay is a life- long resident of Nederland. She is married to husband Bruce DeCuir of 20 years. Bruce has been employed thirty four years with Nederland Independent School District. Kay has two children. Kasey Tanner-Vernon, daughter, age 34 who works for College Station ISD as the Lead Speech Pathologist of Special Programs. Dr. Kirby Tanner, son, age 28 works for HealthSource Chiropractic in Nederland, Texas. Kay became a proud Grammie KK to her first grandchild, Matthew in 2017. Andrew Vernon her son in law works for Texas A&M.
Prior to opening her own Real Estate Brokerage Office, She worked at REMAX First for six years as a REALTOR. She was a continuous Multi-Million Dollar Producer. She was the recipient of the REMAX Directors Award several years. Kay specializes in Residential, Commercial, New Construction, Property Management and Relocation Properties.
Kay brings a vast knowledge of real estate experience to the Nederland Economic Development Corporation in her role as Executive Director. Kay has worked more than 34 years in the field of education. She is the former Executive Director of Shorkey Center in Beaumont, Texas. Prior to leading the Shorkey Center, Kay worked at the University of Texas in Austin as an Administrator for Public School Initiatives.
- Graduate of University of Oklahoma, The Resilience Development Institute (2015)
- Graduate of Community Development Institute Year 1 (2015)
- Graduate of University of Oklahoma, Economic Development Institute (2014)
- Graduate of Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, (2009) Masters in Education
- Graduate of Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, (1985) with B.S. Elementary Education and Generic Special Education K-12
- Tomball College, (2009), Texas Real Estate Broker License
- Tomball College, (2006), Texas Real Estate License
- Graduate of Nederland High School, Nederland, Texas (1981)
Memberships and Organizations:
- Nederland ISD School Board President 2015-2016
- Nederland ISD School Board Vice-President 2014-2015
- Nederland ISD School Board Secretary 2013-2014
- Nederland ISD School Board Member, 2011- present
- Texas Association of School Board, 2011- present
- Nederland Education Foundation Board Member 2014-present
- Nederland Rotary Club Board Member 2013-present
- United Way of Mid and South Jefferson County Board Member, 2013-present
- Texas Real Estate Broker, 2009- present
- Nederland Chamber of Commerce, Business, 2013-present
- Nederland Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Committee
- Advisory Board Member of SMORE, Single Moms Overjoyed, Rejuvenated, and Empowered- 2011-present
- Management Development Advisory Committee Member, Lamar Institute of Technology, 2013 present
- Advisory Board Member, Lamar Institute of Technology, Business Development, 2013-present
- Advisory Board Member, Lamar Institute of Technology, Child Development, 2011-2013
- Member of Texas Economic Development Council, 2013-present
- Member of Regional Economic Development Initiative Committee, 2013-present
- Member of International Economic Development Council, 2013-present
- Member of Texas Real Estate Commission, 2007- present
- Member of National REALTORS Association, 2007-present
- Member of Mid-County Board of REALTORS, 2007-present
- Member of Beaumont Board of REALTORS, 2007- present
- Women’s Council of Realtors, 2011-present
- First Baptist Church, 1983-present (serves on numerous Boards)
Kay specializes in Residential, Commercial, New Construction, Property Management and Relocation Properties.