Owner & Broker
Kay specializes in Residential, Commercial, New Construction, Property Management and Relocation Properties.
Kay is the Owner and Broker of K DeCuir Properties, LLC in Nederland, Texas. Kay became a licensed REALTOR in 2006. Kay serves as the Executive Director of the Nederland Economic Development Corporation 2013-present.
Kay enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She stays very busy volunteering and going to school to further her education. Kay is a life- long resident of Nederland. She is married to husband Bruce DeCuir of 25 years. Bruce has been employed thirty-nine years with Nederland Independent School District. Kay has two children. Kasey Tanner-Vernon, daughter, age 40 who works for Texas Children’s Hospital as a Speech Pathologist. Dr. Kirby Tanner, son, age 34 works for Neuromuscular Corporate Solutions. Kay became a proud Grammie KK to her first grandchild, Matthew in 2017. Andrew Vernon her son in law works for Texas A&M System.
Prior to opening her own Real Estate Brokerage Office, She worked at REMAX First for six years as a REALTOR. She was a continuous Multi-Million Dollar Producer. She was the recipient of the REMAX Directors Award several years. Kay specializes in Residential, Commercial, New Construction, Property Management and Relocation Properties.
Kay brings a vast knowledge of real estate experience to the Nederland Economic Development Corporation in her role as Executive Director. Kay has worked more than 34 years in the field of education. She is the former Executive Director of Shorkey Center in Beaumont, Texas. Prior to leading the Shorkey Center, Kay worked at the University of Texas in Austin as an Administrator for Public School Initiatives.
Graduate of University of Oklahoma, The Resilience Development Institute (2015)
Graduate of Community Development Institute Year 1 (2015)
Graduate of University of Oklahoma, Economic Development Institute (2014)
Graduate of Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, (2009) Masters in Education
Graduate of Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, (1985) with B.S. Elementary Education and Generic Special Education K-12
Tomball College, (2009), Texas Real Estate Broker License
Tomball College, (2006), Texas Real Estate License
Graduate of Nederland High School, Nederland, Texas (1981)
Memberships and Organizations:
- Nederland ISD School Board President 2015-2016
- Nederland ISD School Board Vice-President 2014-2019, 2022-2023
- Nederland ISD School Board Secretary 2013-2014
- Nederland ISD School Board Member, 2011- present
- Texas Association of School Board, 2011- present
- National Association of School Board , 2014-present
- Nederland Education Foundation Board Member 2014-present
- Nederland Rotary Club Board Member 2013-present
- Nederland Rotary Club President 2022-2023
- United Way of Mid and South Jefferson County Board Member, 2013-2020
- Texas Real Estate Broker, 2009- present
- Nederland Chamber of Commerce, Business, 2013-present
- Nederland Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Committee, 2013-present
- Advisory Board of SMORE, Single Moms Overjoyed Rejuvenated & Empowered 2011-2020
- Management Development Advisory Comm. Member, Lamar Inst. of Technology, 2013 – present
- Advisory Board Member, Lamar Institute of Technology, Business Development, 2013-present
- Advisory Board Member, Lamar Institute of Technology, Child Development, 2011-2020
- Regional Economic Development Initiative- Chair 2016-present
- Southeast Texas Economic Development Foundation Board, 2019- present
- Southeast Texas Economic Development Foundation- Vice Chair
- Member of Texas Economic Development Council, 2013-present
- Member of Regional Economic Development Initiative Committee, 2013-2023
- Regional Economic Development Initiative Chair, 2017-2023
- Member of International Economic Development Council, 2013-present
- Member of Texas Real Estate Commission, 2007- present
- Member of National REALTORS Association, 2007-present
- Member of Mid-County Board of REALTORS, 2007-present
- Member of Beaumont Board of REALTORS, 2007- present
- Member of the Houston Association of REALTORS 2017-present
- Member of the Galveston Association of REALTORS 2017- present
- Member of Loopnet Commercial Properties Association 2021- present
- Cartus Relocation Company Specialist 2018-present
- Women’s Council of Realtors, 2011-present
- First Baptist Church, 1983-present (serves on numerous Boards)
April Richardson Chapa
Realtor & Associate Accountant
April R. Chapa is a Realtor and an Associate Accountant, earning her real estate license in December 2017. She is eager and enthusiastic to meet with home buyers and sellers alike. April has also earned the Designation
April was born and raised in Southeast Texas. She is the wife to Eladio Chapa, a Front-Line Supervisor with SNC Lavalin at Exxon Mobil in Beaumont, Texas. She is a mother to two Aggie daughters, a son and four step-children. Her eldest daughter, Percila, currently lives in Austin, Texas and works as a Talent Acquisitions Specialist for Intersys Consulting. Her youngest daughter Taylor lives in College Station, Texas. Taylor is a full-time student at Texas A & M University and is an Assistant Manager with Chuck E Cheeses. April’s son, David, was a Certified Industrial Radiographer.
Aside from being a Realtor, April has committed the past 10 years of her life giving back to the community by working with important and impactful non-profit organizations in Southeast Texas. Currently, April is a member of the Accounting Team at Land Manor, Inc. as Land Manor’s Human Resources and Payroll Specialist. Land Manor is a nonprofit organization that provides chemical dependency counseling and HIV education in Southeast Texas.
Prior to that, April was the Financial Administrator for Shorkey Center in Beaumont, Texas. The Shorkey Center is a nonprofit organization that provides rehabilitation and education to special needs children. During her tenure, she served as Interim Executive Director, was a member of Finance Committee and participated in annual fundraisers. Helping families with special needs children was very rewarding for her and is truly grateful for the time spent there.
April studied at Lamar University as a General Studies major and Lamar Institute of Technology where she majored in Accounting.
Dr. Lydia Bahnsen is a licensed REALTOR, having earned her license in April 2018.
Lydia was born and raised in Louisiana with 6 brothers. She moved to Texas as an adult, having lived in Orange, Jefferson, and now in Hardin county. Lydia has 3 children, all of whom live locally. Her eldest child is Tad. a Special Education teacher in BISD. Her daughter, Catie is the Elementary Math Supervisor in PAISD and is currently working on her Doctorate degree in Education. Her youngest child, Jacob, works as a machinist in Beaumont. Lydia is also the proud “Gran” of five amazing grandchildren. Katelyn (10), Trey (9), and Riley (8) are all students in the Lumberton School District. Travis (4) and JoDee Reese (2) attend St. Jude’s Mother’s Day Out.
Lydia recently retired from the public school system after 26 years of service in the West-Orange, Little Cypress-Mauriceville, Port Arthur, and Beaumont school districts. She served as a classroom teacher, Curriculum Supervisor, Reading First Director, and Elementary and Middle School Principal. Lydia attended Lamar University, having earned her Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Education.
Lydia has also worked at Lamar-Orange through the Accelerated Certification for Educators program. This program was designed to help people who are pursuing a second career in education.
Lydia continues to serve the students in the area by training and tutoring new and aspiring teachers in classroom strategies, classroom management and test taking skills.
Jonah Williams was born and raised in Southeast Texas. He attended Nederland High School and was a part of the graduation class of 2015. While attending NHS, he played on the soccer team for four years and was also part of student council. After high school graduation, Jonah went on to attend a private Christian university named Harding University. He obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management. While in college he went on two mission trips, one to Honduras and one to Nicaragua. Upon graduation from college Jonah went on to work at Sherwin-Williams as a part-time Sales Associate while attending Champions School of Real Estate online. Jonah completed his real estate school and became licensed in October 2020. Outside of school and work Jonah enjoys playing golf and hanging out with friends and family. Jonah enjoys spending time outdoors especially at the lake. Jonah is very trustworthy, empathetic, kind, and passionate for helping others. He is excited and cannot wait to work with Southeast Texans to find their dream home to raise and grow a family in.
Tommy Hoang is a native resident of Port Arthur Texas. He attended Nederland High School, where he was captain of the varsity men’s tennis team and graduated in the class of 2019. He continued his education at Lamar State College Port Arthur with an Associate’s Degree in Computer Drafting Technology in 2021. In college, he interned at a local engineering company, Fitz and Shipman, in Beaumont. During this time, Tommy realized his passion for real estate, which led him to get his license in May of 2023. In his free time, he enjoys playing pickle ball, fishing and hanging out with friends and family. Tommy is very enthusiastic and eager to start his real estate career. As a native of Southeast Texas, he is competent of the area and has a strong desire to make the next home your home.